Child Find - Preschool Screenings
The Child Find Screening is part of our enrollment process. All children and families participate in a screening prior to enrollment in the ECE Program.
The screening consists of a vision and hearing screening, a review of immunization and health history, a developmental play-based screening, and a parent interview.
The information gathered during the screening is used to determine eligibility for funded (free) preschool and to discuss potential needs or services that might support student and family success. Child Find screenings take place on a monthly basis.
*The screening process will be modified during the COVID Outbreaks. No play based screening is being done in person. Only a brief visit via zoom with child and parents are done to verify written information that has been collected.
The Child Find/Preschool Screening Appointment includes the following:
* Screening date and time will be scheduled with families upon completion of ALL enrollment forms and registration
- A play observation session with a multidisciplinary team to check developmental skills
- A parent interview for sharing of information between families and the ECE program
- A hearing and vision screening, and a review of health records
- An exit session
What do I need to bring to Child Find/Preschool Screening appointment?
To apply for preschool you MUST provide the following documentations and information for screening appointments:
- Birth Certificate
- Child and Family Information Form
- Proof of Residence (Utility Bill or Copy of Lease)
- Income Verification (Tax document) OR pay stubs for the last 3 months OR a signed income verification letter from your employer if you want to be considered for Free Preschool
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ)
- Immunization Record
The following documents are necessary within 30 days upon enrollment
- Physical Form
- Dental Form
- Tuition Contract (If applicable)
For more information and schedule an appointment please contact:
Phone: 303-806-2522 Fax: 303-806-2535
Child Find/Preschool Round Up Screening Dates School Year 2021-2022
- Friday, February 25, 2022
- Friday, March 11, 2022
- Friday, March 25, 2022
- Friday, April 8, 2022
- Friday, April 22, 2022
- Friday, May, 23, 2022
- Friday, May, 24, 2022
- Friday, May 25, 2022
Part C Screenings - Birth to Three
Infants and toddlers, birth to three are screened on an individual basis when there is a concern about development. Comprehensive screening and multidisciplinary assessment is provided in collaboration with Developmental Pathways to determine eligibility for early intervention services. An Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) is developed for those children.
For more information and schedule a Part C Evaluation please contact:
Office Phone: 303.806.2511 Remote Phone: 720.254.1645